Interviewee: Leslie Orozco (asked her at home and she said yes and now she can’t get out of it because I know where she lives)
Research: This will also do with the immigration ban directly. I want to do more research on how to address the issue of immigration so I do not offend her. http://news.jrn.msu.edu/culturalcompetence/ethnicity/hispanics/ https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/02/donald-trump-travel-ban-terrorism-data
- Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
- How were you raised? What is your family belief system?
- What was the first language you spoke? Are you bilingual?
- What language do you use to communicate with your parents? Siblings?
- What do you identify as?
- How does the way you identify differ from the way others have identified you?
- Why did you choose to attend Chapman University?
- What was your major/minor?
- What is the educational background of your parents?
- I am a third generation American, what are you?
- Since there is an overwhelming number of white people on campus, do you ever feel out of place?
- What do you want to do with your degree?
- I know you want to be a diplomat, do you mind expanding on that?
- I know you currently work at the FDA, have you ever experienced negativity from others because of your race when working?
- Can you please talk about your experience at Staples?
- Was that the only time that you experienced blatant ignorance? If not, can you describe a couple more instances?